Monday, January 9, 2017

The American astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson reveals: How long can you survive on every planet in the Solar System

photo: curiosity.com
Apart from Terra, things are not rosy on other planets regarding life, the longest being more than two minutes (with no spacesuit and if you hold your breath), and the shortest practically instant.

Mercury, which is always showing only one side of the Sun, offers the possibility of death (almost instant) or from excessively high temperatures or at a temperature excessively low.

Atmosphere of Venus is suitable, but for a furnace atmosphere composition that if we add 97% carbon dioxide and the remaining 3% of a number of toxic substances.


Mars because the rarified atmosphere, low temperature does not feel so strong, but the air, of course, is unbreathable. Tyson gives the chance of survival of less than 2 minutes.The rest of the planets give no chance of survival even for a second, pressures, temperatures and atmospheric composition being in no way suitable to sustain life.

Key Facts In This Video

1
On Mercury, the side that faces the sun is super hot, and the opposite side is extremely cold. (0:51)

2
The surface of Venus is 900 degrees Fahrenheit, hotter than a pizza oven. (1:11)

3

Jupiter has no surface to land on—you would descend into its gaseous atmosphere until you were crushed by the pressure. (1:54)


On Earth is ok. In many places. Well, in some places, but the blame is not only the planet.

Other articles on the same theme:





Story source: 
 
The above post is reprinted from materials provided by Curiosity . Note: Materials may be edited for content and length.

No comments :

Post a Comment

About me

My photo


  Hello,

    I'm working on a theory for some time in trying to combine science with religion, looking for an answer to the question 
"What is the purpose of life in Creation?  Is it possible for life to be an unintended consequence of our Universe?

Finally due to space,science and exploration throughout the Universe we got everyone to agree with the fact that we are not the only planet with life.  My blog is full of interesting articles about Creation of the Universe with all his laws,  NASA's Missions,  History,   Science,  Physics, Health, Nature, Ancient origins and Culture.